Hybrid: Remote with optional office time in Johannesburg
Contract or Permanent
Kandua is a mission-driven tech startup. We build easy tools that empower people professionally. Tools that shorten the distance between having a skill and making a living from it. Our flagship product, Kandua.com, is South Africa’s #1 online home services marketplace: A seamlessly designed platform, that connects great home service providers to the people who need them, powered by pioneering technology and a passionate, talented team. We’ve made over R400 million in work opportunities and 100 000 jobs possible for vetted Pros – and we’re just getting started. Learn more about Kandua here.
Business Analysis at Kandua is varied, mission-critical, with unique challenges
Kandua has a remarkably expansive(and expanding!) set of products. All the way from a consumer marketplace, to quoting and invoicing software and fulfilment of insurance claims. You’ll dance between all of these product streams – turning our ambitious product roadmap into a reality. You stitch together insights from the team, the users, and our vast set of analytics into deftly crafted new features & initiatives. You’ll carry this all the way into production, with tight collaboration with our A-team of engineers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a Business Analyst at Kandua you will work closely with both the Product Manager and Data Lead to articulate business needs to the software development team and wider stakeholders. You will:
- Identify detailed product requirements using a combination of elicitation techniques – running stakeholder workshops, competitor research, research interviews and data analysis etc.
- Write world class requirements for how a product/ feature will work at a user story level.
- Outline KPIs required to evaluate the success of a new product/ feature and work closely with the data lead to deliver this.
- Create ‘As-Is’ and ‘To Be’ business process maps that enable new feature development.
- Aggregate and analyse data from multiple sources and compile it into actionable and easy-to-understand insights and recommendations.
- Business Process Mapping to formalise rapidly changing daily processes.
- Work closely with the data lead to create data visualisations.
Qualifications and Skills
You will need to have:
- Experience working with a software development team in an Agile environment.
- An in-depth understanding of the process of digital discovery and delivery.
- Digital workshopping experience with key stakeholders to elicit key requirements.
- Exceptional user story writing and refinement skills: the ability to turn business requirements into actionable tasks.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all seniority levels and job types.
It would be preferable to have experience in the following areas:
- Working knowledge of industry standard tools such as JIRA
- Knowledge of data visualization software like Tableau and Google Data Studio
- Experience using Google Analytics or Amplitude
- Better detailed requirement specifications, for project cards.
- Increased on-time deliveries, fewer product quality issues, higher ROI.
- Better planned coordination activities, monitoring and management requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Increase visibility into the link between tasks & outputs and the project’s desired beneficial effect.
- Increase company revenue, average user spend and active user base.